Monday 7 May 2018

Question; How high can a servant climb a tree?

Not very far it seems and then he cheated and used a metal ladder.

I had been allowed out and given access to next door's back garden through a hole in the fence, that had previously been blocked.
Why you might ask, well I'd got there already via the front gardens and they figured at least this would allow me back safely. 
Hah I laugh at safe!
A miscalculation on their part was the tree, I spoke to Minstrel later apparently they'd had to fetch her down a couple of times too, although she says, she can negotiate it easily now.

It's only a small conifer tree abut 30' high and if you look closely to the left you can see me posing near the top. The right hand picture is a reconstruction to show where I posed and a star to show the highest point I'd reached. The silly servant could only get as far as the top of the hedge and that was with a ladder.

















This is a shot of me ignoring the proffered hand, I felt confident enough to hiss and snarl at these unwarranted offers of assistance. After all one must make a point of letting servants know when they are exceeding their position.
Anyway I was determined not to be helped, but he insisted and grabbed me, I let him know what I thought, climbed to his shoulder and tried to jump off, but he held on grimly and female servant treated the odd nick or two (maybe 7) that I'd inflicted on his back.

However I showed them, as soon as it was safe I shot back up the tree and had reached 7' when a tin of biscuits was rattled and an offer of milk was made so I came down.
After all t
he tree will still be there tomorrow. :)

My tree and his wimpy ladder. My reward a cool saucer of milk.
















P.S. - As you may have gathered I wont be told what to do. Having lulled them both in to a false sense of security I climbed the tree again, yes I needed coxing down, and I nearly fell twice. But I got down to the lowest branch and then climbed down backwards.

Talent learnt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat flap v Tabitha phase 2

Cat Flaps I've slipped through the door when I wanted to, but see my previous post; 'Cat flaps and their correct use ', why ...